Social media is a powerful marketing tool for any business. If your business is not on any social media platforms yet, it is critical that you create your accounts today. Although there are several platforms you can use to market your business, today we will discuss Reddit since it is one of the least commonly used social media marketing platforms for businesses but it is a powerful tool for any business.
What Is Reddit?
The primary focus of Reddit is social news aggregation. There are communities within Reddit that is used as an internet forum where users post their content and other people will upvote or downvote the content posted. The higher the upvotes, the higher the post will be at the top of the page.
Reddit is different than other social media platforms because the others are based on relationships with family and friends where Reddit is more of discussing content with other people.
Why Your Business Should Use Reddit
There are a few benefits to joining Reddit and using it to market your business such as:
- You can reach targeted niche audiences through subreddits.
- The format promotes higher user engagement through upvotes.
- If content goes viral, it can increase your outreach drastically by reaching other sites.
Tips on Using Reddit as a Marketing Tool
To get the most out of Reddit as a marketing tool for your business, there are a few tips that you should follow to ensure success.
- Create an account
The first step is to create an account and follow any subreddits that are relevant to your target audience. This way you can comment on people’s threads, answer questions, and increase your brand recognition at the same time.
- Research and engage in subreddit communities
Look for subreddits that overlap with your target market by using Reddit’s navigation and search tools. Once you find the subreddits in your target market, you can begin to engage. Earning “karma” points is key and the way to earn these points is by posting valuable information that will not be received as spam.
- Post quality content
Once you have established yourself as a member in the community, you can start to post about content related to your brand. The type of content that works in Reddit is informative, interesting, and even humorous.
- Post at the right time
Posting at the wrong time can affect how well your post does. It is important to be strategic with the time you want to post as it can affect the visibility of your content. A good time is to post a few hours before the morning and posting about current topics can boost your post.
- Share your posts
Sharing your posts with friends and family can help you get boosted in Reddit as well.
- Track your efforts
By tracking the posts you have made you can see where you make adjustments to improve the chances of people engaging in your post.
Using Reddit for Your Business
Too much marketing and self-promotion can result in your post being downvoted and could case your account to be banned which could hurt your chances of using Reddit as a marketing tool so it is important you use it correctly.
These following ways could help you get the most value out of Reddit.
- Pay for ads: you can pay for advertising on Reddit and reach your target audience based on the subreddits they are subscribed too.
- Promote deals: if your business is running a sale, find communities where you are allowed to promote your business and the sale you are having.
- Post interesting content that has to do with your business: being authentic on your post will go along way.
- Market research: you can use Reddit for market research and feedback by asking questions about your product, website, or idea.
- Run a contest: within a subreddit, run a giveaway or contest to contribute to your engagement. If you choose to do this make sure you message the moderators of the group ahead of time and make it is okay to do so.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there is a lot of marketing potential with Reddit if you use it correctly. It can help boost your business and attract new customers. As long as you avoid spam and post meaningful and valuable content, you will have success on Reddit.